Second Baseman Alex Yarbrough had 6 doubles, 6 RBI, and 5 runs last week for the Bees.
Salt Lake Bees
The Angels’ Triple-A club is in fourth place in the PCL Pacific Southern with a 9-14 record. The new man on the team, 26-year-old former CS Fullerton Titan outfielder Gary Brown, who was claimed off of waivers from St. Louis, hit .270 with two home runs and two stolen bases for the Bees last week. Alex Yarbrough has caught fire, going 12-for-31 (.387 BA) in his last six games. Third baseman Kyle Kubitza is leading the league in hits (33) and doubles (12) while first baseman Marc Krauss is leading the league in walks with 16. Infielder Josh Rutledge leads the team with 13 RBI. Here are some of last week’s notable stat lines:
• 4/27 – C Carlos Perez: 2-for-3, BB, R
• 4/30 – 2B Alex Yarbrough: 4-for-5, 2 2B, 2 R, 3 RBI
• 4/30 – RP Zach Stewart: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO
• 5/1 – RF Alfredo Marte: 3-for-5, BB, 3B, 2 R, 4 RBI, assist at second
• 5/2 – DH Ryan Wheeler: 2-for-5, 2B, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
• 5/2 – 3B Kyle Kubitza: 2-for-5, 2B, R, 3 RBI
• 5/3 – CF Gary Brown: 4-for-5, 2B, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI
The Travs celebrate Anthony Bemboom’s walk-off pinch hit home run in the 12th inning on Tuesday.
The Angels’ Double-A club is in first place in the Texas League North with a 15-8 record. The team celebrated two walk-off victories last week — one on Anthony Bemboom’s pinch-hit home run in the 12th that broke a 0-0 tie and another on first baseman Wade Hinkle’s ninth-inning RBI single. First baseman/third baseman Brian Hernandez is leading the league in RBI with 27, and reliever Trevor Gott is leading the league with five saves. Here are some of last week’s noteworthy performances: